Open to all singers living in New Mexico.
Please download and use the fillable application forms below to complete your application with accuracy
Your completed application and copies of your music (if using our accompanist) can be emailed to
email@example.com or mailed to
Vocal Artistry Art Song Festival • 507 Wellesley Drive SE • Albuquerque, NM 87106
Winners will be chosen based on talent and artistic achievement.
A final concert, free to the public, will be held featuring the winners.
Seven Award Divisions
Vocal Artistry Division
Advanced Vocal Artists pursuing a classical singing career age 23-30
Young Artist Division
Vocal Artists age 18-22
Choral/Music Education Division
Singers enrolled in a University Choral or Music Education Program
High School Division
High School Singers age 15-18
Young Singers age 12-14
Non-Competitive Adult Division
Adult Singers age 30 and over
Collaborative Piano Junior Division
Pianists/Singers age 12-15
Collaborative Piano Senior Division
Pianist/Singers age 16-30
- Completed application by deadline, April 1 of the festival year
- $15 application fee (checks made out to AMTA Albuquerque Music Teachers Association) Vocal Artistry in memo
- Repertoire to include two contrasting art songs including one in the Italian language. It does not have to be by an Italian composer. This excludes all arias, baroque and classical. An art song is music composed for one voice and piano. For the Junior and High School divisions, an Italian song is optional.
- A competition accompanist will be provided; however, you may provide your own pianist if desired. Please send copies of your repertoire with your application if you would like to use a staff pianist.
- Original scores must be provided for the judges, no photocopies will be accepted.
The prizes have been donated in honor of some of the wonderful musicians, teachers, and mentors that have paved the way for Vocal Artistry in our community. We are thankful to these leaders and also to the people who have so generously donated funds in their honor.